The Africa 2.0 manifesto is a developmental frame work that proposes suggestions and solutions that transcends borders and addresses common challenges faced by the continent. Launched at the African Union summit in Addis Ababa and the world economic forum in Davos, the manifesto has since been acknowledged and endorsed by African leaders and the international media as a credible and sustainable framework for properly unlocking Africa’s potentials.
Entrepreneurship constitutes one of the pillars of the Vision Africa 2.0 manifesto. The pivotal role assigned to Entrepreneurship within the vision is based on the assertion that Africa’s greatest wealth is its people. As such, the vision seeks to –
- Foster a generation of Africans that take ownership of their destiny.
- Build and keep an educated, skilled, rewarded workforce that will propel Africa.
- Create a knowledge based society that is able to apply knowledge and innovation.
- Change mindsets towards entrepreneurship, thereby creating an African-Do attitude!!!
WHY PARTNER WITH AFRICA 2.0 ON ANY OF THESE INITIATIVES?
- Capitalise on Africa 2.0’s strong footprint on the continent with more than 20 country Chapters in Africa and Chapters in China, North America, France and United Kingdom.
- It is an initiative capable of turning informal operations into larger enterprises able to create more jobs.
- By coming on board with Africa 2.0 your impact expands not to only one country but to more than 20 and counting, we make your brand go places, from Accra to Egypt!!!
- Uplift Africa, ‘You are the one you have been waiting for’ If a small business employs 12 people on average, the pullback in entrepreneurial activity over the past five years equates to a massive 2.3-million possible job opportunities lost.
- “The real employment in Africa is from the small and micro business sectors and we need to capitalise on that,” Dawie Roodt, Chief Economist at the Efficient Group.
- We can’t just rely on big business expanding and creating jobs, Entrepreneurship is the only way to have a sustainable economy in the future.
- Africa 2.0 cannot change Africa in isolation; we invite your organisation to take part in the development of the continent by joining forces in order to make this initiative a success.