THE AFRICA 2.0 START UP AFRICA IS
- A three daylong event.
- Across the African continent.
- The workshop is aimed at both existing ventures in need of re-capitalisation for growth, as well as high impact business ideas requiring start-up capital.
- The rationale of the initiative is to start a Continental revolution of entrepreneurs that build new enterprises which are innovative, exciting, sustainable and, most importantly, contribute meaningfully towards the social development of communities.
Africa 2.0 has partnered with organisations such as the Unreasonable Institute, Venture Capital, and many more organisations globally and continentally to equip the identified entrepreneurs with the necessary skill needed flourish.
- DAY 1: An open mic session where participants pitch their ideas within two minutes to the audience, mentors and judges.
- DAY 2: Participants will vote on the top 10-15 ideas, depending on how many participants there are. This will be followed by the formation of working groups where participants will begin working on their ideas, getting customer validation, starting to formulate the business plan/revenue model, and any product demos that they may have.
- DAY 3: Teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas and building a minimal viable product.
- DAY 4: Teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts, seasoned entrepreneurs and proven practitioners. The Team start the Final pitches in front of the Judges, After all teams have pitched, judges will deliberate and select a winners
BENEFITS OF THE WORKSHOP INCLUDE
- Mentoring entrepreneurs until their ideas become self sustainable businesses.
- Provision of start up Capital.
- Access to of potential investors and partners.
- A channel into the business community via networking during the event.
- Provision of legal advice & design consulting and many more
42 Cities in the US and Canada
10 cities in Central and Latin America
The Entrepreneurship workshop is based on a tried and trusted format that has seen –
- 217+ events to date
- 29,708+ attendees to date
- 36 countries
- 200+ local organizers
- 1,147+ New job creating businesses